Most wellness practitioners will agree that inflammation is a source of many of our ailments and dis-eases. They also agree that good sleep is necessary for our bodies to repair and restore. Without quality sleep concentration drops significantly. Sleeplessness can cause you to become forgetful and can even cause depression.
Try a glass of golden milk prior to bedtime and see if your sleep is improved.
At its base, turmeric reduces inflammation, lowers your blood sugar levels, helps your liver to detoxify, boosts your immune system and eases your digestive system – all of which help you to get to sleep faster, to sleep better, and to wake up feeling refreshed.
Science shows the Key Ingredients Are Loaded With Antioxidants
The ingredients used to make golden milk have antibacterial and antiviral properties which may protect your body from infections. Their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties may strengthen your immune system as well.
The key ingredient in golden milk is turmeric, a yellow spice popular in Asian cuisine, which gives curry its yellow color.
Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its strong antioxidant properties (1Trusted Source).
Antioxidants are compounds that fight cell damage, protecting your body from oxidative stress.
Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 cup of natural coconut milk
- 1 pinch of black pepper (Piperine in the black pepper improves curcumin absorption)
- 1/8 tsp of fresh turmeric
- 1 cup of filtered water
- Local honey to taste
- Take a saucepan, place over a medium heat, and add the coconut milk and the water
- Heat gently for 2 minutes
- Now add the turmeric and black pepper and continue to heat until a gentle simmer has been reached
- Give the mixture a stir and heat gently for 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly
- Stir in honey to your desired sweetness and enjoy
For optimal results, drink this two – three times per day
Health benefits of Golden Milk
Just what is it about this delicious recipe that makes it so good for us? Here are some primary health benefits of Golden Milk:
- Improved quality of sleep
- Improved brain function
- More energy
- Weight loss
- Improved concentration
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced LDL cholesterol
- Healthy heart
- Stronger immune system
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Pain relief